Cross promotions are an effective marketing tool for two or more companies to collaborate and promote their services or products generating brand and consumer awareness with new customers. Through cross promotions, we achieve astonishing economies of scale since they often share marketing expenses as it pertains to traditional and digital advertising, public relations and social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Abelow PR, a NYC boutique PR firm, has recently established a cross promotion for one of our clients, Casas del XVI, the New York Yankees, Living Language, and Fodor’s. Casas del XVI is an exclusive collection of high-end newly restored homes dating back to the time of the Spanish conquistadors. This boutique hotel collection is a novel concept and the first of its kind in the hospitality industry providing guests with an oasis of luxury, a personal chef, a butler and a concierge in private homes. One home is that of a world-renowned fashion designer, who shall remain nameless.
Travel PR Firm Spearheads Strategic Alliances
For those who may not be familiar with this language immersion company, Living Language has been providing consumers for more than 65 years with a four-point learning approach to help students of all ages become fluent in a particular language. Through the Living Language Method™, students gain a greater command for essential words and phrases, as well as become more proficient at advancing full sentences and conversation.
Fodor’s, another partner in this promotion, is one of the trusted sources for savvy travelers planning their vacation to 7,500 destinations worldwide. Fodor’s offers award-winning guidebooks, websites, eBooks, and mobile apps to keep consumers on the pulse with new developments in a particular country for more than 80 years.
The New York Yankees is an iconic Major League Baseball team based in the Bronx, New York. The Dominican Republic has long been popular with travelers for its beautiful beaches, fine cuisine and cultural attractions. The country is also an incredible source for new talent for this world-renowned baseball team. In fact, there is a baseball academy in the heart of Santo Domingo, not too far from Casas del XVI.
Sweepstakes Peak Consumers’ Interest
So, how do four distinct brands come together for a consumer cross-promotion and combine their mutual interests for more fire power? Quick simply, they offer a sweepstakes for travelers to win a four-night stay at Casas del XVI, a Fodor’s recommended hotel, receive language immersion courses through Living Language to fine tune their Spanish language skills and have a chance to secure premium tickets to a Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles game on September 30.
The lucky grand prize winner receives the following items:
- Two Delta SKY360° Suite tickets to the New York Yankees’ September 30 home game against the Baltimore Orioles.
- A meet-and-greet with a Dominican Yankees player during their pre-game batting practice, including personalized tips.
- Two personalized Yankees baseball jerseys.
- A four-night stay at Casas del XVI, a Fodor’s travel guide recommended hotel, complete with a private butler service.
- A $1,500 credit toward airfare.
- Spanish language instruction and private e-tutoring for two people provided by Living Language, a provider of language learning courses used by the Yankees players, staff, executives, including one-year Living Language Spanish online course.
Social Media PR Campaign Uses Multiple Channels
Our agency propelled enormous visibility for our client with this cross promotion. By participating in this consumer promotion, Casas del XVI will reach potential travelers through 15 million consumer impressions through several channels listed below. Our social media PR firm capabilities enrich these brands through cross promotion.
- Co-branded banner ads on Yankees.com, www.fodors.com, www.livinglanguage.com.
- Promotion of the sweepstakes on Yankees Facebook post reaching 85 million consumers and one tweet @Yankees reaching 1.7 million followers.
- Promotion of the sweepstakes on Living Language social network – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn – reaching 300,000 followers.
- Six posts on the parent company, Penguin Random House corporate channels, generating another 1.8 million impressions.
- One dedicated email reaching 1.2 million Yankees subscribers for baseball fans to opt-in to receive information about Casas del XVI.
- One dedicated email reaching 15,000 Living Language subscribers for them to opt-in for information about planning a vacation to Casas del XVI.
- One press release focusing in the joint consumer promotion, as well as media outreach to sports, lifestyle and travel writers about this promotion.
- Casas del XVI will receive the opt-in emails from consumers who participate in the consumer promotion and for those who are interested in information about planning a vacation at this hotel.
This consumer promotion is a highly cost effective way for Casas del XVI to extend its reach in non-traditional markets and ultimately inspire people to stay there in Santo Domingo. Additionally, the marketing strategy created tremendous brand awareness for all participants.